Do you have questions, concerns or comments? Send your e-mails to twocanplay.blogspot@gmail.com

Saturday, December 19, 2009

State of the Industry: The Landscape of 2010 part 1

2009 is coming to a close and it seems like 2010, despite any economic woes from the past year, is going to be jam packed with games. Now since everyone loves lists, whether it’s the convenient packaging of all the information or the opportunity to argue about why one thing comes before another, but in an attempt to avoid these scenarios; I am making two top 10 lists (first half of the year / second half of the year) and ranking them based on personal taste. Rather than having my long drawn out recommendations as I am sure you readers are acustomed too, all my reasons will be as consice as possible. Plus, if you have a different view, feel free to let me know in the comments section; that’s why it’s there. Alright, first half of 2010, GO!


1. God of War 3 – I have to know how the story ends and killing gods is oh so much fun.

2. Final Fantasy 13 – It has been far too long…

3. Mass Effect 2 – Bioware is on a roll and interrupting conversations with a blaster fire makes me feel like Han Solo.

4. Splinter Cell Conviction –  It might actually come out!

5. Red Dead Redemption – Rockstar has a knack for creating a game whose setting is a character unto itself.                                                                                                                
6. Alan Wake – Because of Remedy and my love for their games. \


7. Gran Turismo 5 – Again, it might actually come out!!

8. 3D Dot Heroes – It is just a really good idea.

9. Dark Void – I really dug the Rocketeer as a kid and “vertical cover” sounds ambitious / ridiculous.

10. Bioshock 2 – It’s an unnecessary sequel (IMO) to a great game and I hope they prove me wrong.

Now that is basically some of the most important games for the first half of 2010. Look for part 2 of this post to see what the 2nd half of 2010 holds in store for me and possibly you.


*Note: all game covers can be found on Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment