Do you have questions, concerns or comments? Send your e-mails to twocanplay.blogspot@gmail.com

Monday, December 22, 2008

Im in Japan!!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Im in Japan!!

So, made it across the sea and am in the land of vending machines, hidden streets and what sometimes feels like waves people. It wasn't easy though, we actually missed our original flight due to the tickets being mis-printed, but thanks to a no BS attitude we got a direct flight out of DFW instead, which was to our advantage. Once, Tim and I arrived in Tokyo it was a little rough. It took about an hour in the airport, cause I had to get a bunch of rail passes and rent cellphones, but luckily i know enough Japanese and everyone else knows enough English for us to get around.

So, after the airport we went to Shibuya, it was closer to the Square Enix Studio and all the arcades we wanted to stop at, but the trick was finding a new capsule hotel. This would have been fine except for a couple things; first, we did get a little lost... second, when we finally got there, the lockers were not big enough for our luggage (everything bigger in Texas, everything smaller in Japan) and lastly, Tokyo is abnormally hot. I mean, i may just be me, but I was sweating my ass off the whole night. You could probably tell by some pics of me in the arcade. But yeah, we found lockers, then we hit up the arcades. They were gamer paradise, made me long for the days of arcades past, but I haven't found any crazy japanese games yet. Mostly, tons of fighting games and racing games. Plus, 2 floors for gambling and the worst crane machines ever. They are impossible.

Eventually, we passed out in the capsules and woke up to a nice breakfast in a cafe over the 7-11. Then we hit up the Square Enix Studio. For anyone that plays Final Fantasy it was a wet dream, but you can see the pics yourself. Then we hit up the Shinkansen to Kyoto and here I am in our Ryokan blogging.

Tomorrow we will got to some castles and temples so I will see you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment