Do you have questions, concerns or comments? Send your e-mails to twocanplay.blogspot@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

For Your Consideration

Sunday, June 1st, 2008

In retrospect, this trip to Japan has been an experience which defines me. I learned alot about meeting new people and assimilating culture in ways I can't explain. One memory that will always stay with me is a night my brother and I went to Roppongi to check out the clubs. We had been riding the Metro lines during our 2nd stay in Tokyo, because they were the only line running near our Ryokan. And as we descended into the tunnel the weather was overcast but nice, only to arrive in Roppongi and a torrential downpour would ensue. So, there we are, lost, standing at a street map, looking like the dumb Americans short an umbrella, when low behold a middle age Japanese women appeared behind use and offered her umbrella. At first we declined, but she insisted she lived around the corner and it was only right that she pass it on to us. Really, it saved the evening and warmed my heart (tear...).

So, that is how I will remember Japan, a land of mystery and beauty, home to a people, whose shyness is overshadowed by their hospitality and generosity.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment