Do you have questions, concerns or comments? Send your e-mails to twocanplay.blogspot@gmail.com

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Personal Gaming Metrics


Being a recent MBA graduate and working in corporate America, statistics are what I do. Most employers like meaurable objectives, customers love them. It is our ability to display progress that can mean the life or death of a project. With this in mind, I was always curious what trends exist in my gaming habits and whether or not it was something I could "easily" measure.

As luck would have it, there's an app for that, if you have an iPhone. Developed by Hooked in Motion, titled "My Games", the app helps you categorize your video game collection. You can input all the information in manually, or you can use the camera and scan the barcode (much easier). Sure some data still needs to be filled in manually, but it is an easy way collect all that data. Afterwhich you can back up the data to a text file, import it into Excel, text to columns, and wa la! Columns and columns of data regarding my gaming collection habits. For more information about the app, go here. For more information about my addiction to games, hit the jump!

Is it sad that I only have beaten half of the 102 games in my collection? >_<


1 comment: